BRIGHT MINDS FOR BLUE GROWTH - IMPROVING HIGHER EDUCATION FOR JOBS IN THE MARITIME SECTOR
On September 25th the Generation Balt Final Conference was held in Rostock, Germany.
About 100 participants attended presentations and took part in discussions about maritime education, training and the development of the maritime economic sector.
Prof. Dr. Gerhard Graf (University of Rostock, Lead Beneficiary), the Vice-Rector of the University of Rostock, Prof. Dr. Stefan Göbel and Birger Schmeling from the Mayor's office of the Hanseatic City of Rostock held the welcoming addresses. The key note speech was given by Johan Magnusson from the European Commission, DG Maritime Affairs and Fisheries. The day was rounded up with a panel discussion and statements from representatives from the academic, economic, political and administrative sectors.
This conference was part of the European Cooperation Day and was one of the events listed under the umbrella of the South Baltic Blue and Green Days concept.
- Final Conference: bright minds for Blue Growth - Tim-Ake Pentz, University of Rostock
- From the idea to reality – some facts about Generation BALT - Prof. Dr. Catherine Legrand, Linnaeus University
- The Generation BALT Foresight Study - Dr. Kamila Mianowicz, University of Szczecin
- The Generation BALT Training Programme - Prof. Dr. Rima Mickevičienė, Klaipeda University
- Generation BALT and South Baltic Professionals – a perfect match - Andreas Fieber, Rostock Business and Technology Development
- Lessons learned, steps ahead – Evaluation and the Generation BALT Network -Dr. Kamila Mianowicz, University of Szczecin