Academic conference concluding the Generation BALT project
An academic conference was held in Gdynia, Poland on October 9th, 2014 during which the Generation Balt project presented the results of its studies to both business and academic representatives. The Conference was an event accompanying the 14th International Economic Forum in Gdynia (10th October 2014), which focuses on changes in the maritime labour market and in the education sphere in the context of European integration.
During the event, academic representatives presented the results of their project studies while business representatives presented findings stemming from their practice in major enterprises and their economic participation in the Pomeranian region.
Download the event agenda
Generation BALT presentations:
- English language education at the Faculty of Ocean Engineering: Experiences learned from the project Generation BALT - Zbigniew Gorski & Janusz Kozak
- Why soft skills are crucial competences in professional careers of naval architect engineers - Katarzyna Romantowska
- The Generation BALT supplementary study programme - a laboratory of modern maritime education - Kamila Mianowicz, Artur Skowronek, Agnieska Strzelecka, Michal Tomczak
- New trends in maritime economy and job market - Marek Grzybowski
- Whether maritime education offered by GUT Faculty of Ocean Engineering and Ship Technology meets the requirements of the changing job market for a new generation? - Stanislaw Ciesiolka