- Study Programme
Maritime Sector Training Programme
The training programme is centered around three key components:
- Five weekend course modules set in different South Baltic cities and focused on different maritime related topics (a minimum of 2 modules is mandatory). Each module has approximately 25 students.
- A week-long summer course on board the sailing yacht s/y Zawisza Czarny traveling the route Gdynia-Klaipeda-Kaliningrad-Gdynia (mandatory). The summer school brings together all students who participated in the weekend modules.
- A practical training internship upon completion of the programme, with a maritime entreprise or organisation.
A certificate is awarded to all participants upon successful completion of all 3 components. Additionally, it is possible to receive 7.5 ECTS credits from Linnæus University, for which participants are required to attend one additional weekend module (3 x 2 credits for the weekend courses + 1.5 credits for the summer course). The modules are given at advanced level (A1F).
Internships are planned for winter term 2013/14. Generation BALT is cooperating with companies and institutions for this purpose, a list of which will be made available after the last weekend course module.
Cost: Free of charge. Accommodation and food are provided by the programme. Travel costs are refunded by the programme according to eligibility regulations.
Weekend Course Modules
- Rostock, Germany: Marine technologies, aquaculture and combined solutions (28 February - 3 March 2013)
- Kalmar, Sweden: Green ship - energy - risk (4 - 7 April 2013)
- Klaipeda, Lithuania: Towards green shipping (16 - 18 May 2013)
- Szczecin, Poland: Coastal zone under pressure (30 May - 2 June 2013)
- Gdansk, Poland: Offshore wind energy technology - Pre-production engineering and project management (4 - 7 July 2013)
- Summer course: Eco-innovation in maritime technology, transport and resource use in the Baltic Sea (2nd half of September 2013)
- About Us
- Programme registration: Fall 2012 / Spring 2013
- Weekend course modules: February - July 2013
- Summer course: September 2013
- Internships and match making events: Fall 2013 - Spring 2014
- Awarding of diplomas: Spring 2014